The SC3 Regional SIG Summit will be held on April 10-11, 2014, in New Orleans, Louisiana. The SIG Summit will provide opportunities for SEA leadership to
• network with one another and cultivate a regional community of learners;
• explore the "how" and "what" of Arts Integration and its value in teaching and learning;
• identify and consider strategies to leverage available resources and create organizational structures to support turnaround efforts; and
• examine approaches to sustainability at the national, state, and local levels.
SC3 will facilitate
• participation of state leadership from Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, and Oklahoma;
• presentation on Arts Integration from a Kennedy Center Representative and a principal from Oklahoma City Public Schools; and
• presentations from Carlas McCauley and Sam Redding from the Center on School Turnaround.
Outcomes will be:
• Increased knowledge and better understanding of Arts Integration as a model for school improvement.
• Improved understanding of best practices in leadership, progress monitoring, and sustainability for SIG schools.
• Enhanced communication, coordination, and collaboration of a SIG community of learners across the SC3 region.